10 o’clock at night. I was upstairs at the back of the house with the door closed almost asleep. Dad, 160 pounds, was downstairs in the front of the house when I heard a big thud. Rushing down, I found Dad on the floor. It didn’t take us a long time to get him in the bed. We actually had a couple of laughs, well gaffaws, while doing it.
But tonight when Rose was supposed to come over, he didn’t want to go out. He doesn’t trust his legs. He has also had some of his spells, but I hated that now he was wanting to keep himself at home.
I joked about how I didn’t want him sitting around all the time. It was an opportunity to disspell his concern that I didn’t want him out. But he seemed so depressed and wasn’t at all interested when Queen and I were talking about how he could exercise his legs.
But later I saw him doing some leg lifts and then he asked how much a stationary bike would cost. God bless him.
- Honoring Dad’s Birthday on January 27, 2011
- Dad Died on November 21. 2009; It Was a ‘Good Death’
- Dad Fell Again
- Some Cheer
- What to Do?
- 25 Item To-Do List EVERYONE Should Be Doing
- Are You An Optimist or a Pessimist?
- Every One Needs a Rose
- “Maybe Now You Will Call Me Fritz”
- Cutting Dad’s Meat
- The Bed Is Gone, Dad 1 Health Establishment 0
- The Equipment Arrives